Aquatic Aerators, Fountains, and Feeders
Kasco™ Aerators and Fountains
Our surface Kasco™ aerators and fountains on the hatchery have proven to maintain oxygen and beneficial algae, while keeping nuisance algal levels a bay. There are a number of benefits associated with aerators and fountains that include:
- Preventing buildup of anoxic sediments, which is often the starting point for filamentous algae,
- Mixing of the water column to provide more useable habitat, especially during the summer,
- Reduce the chance of a “turnover”, which can stress or kill fish,
- When fertilizing to increase fish production, the increased circulation helps ensure consistent nutrient levels in the water column, helping to make algal responses more predictable,
- Reduces chance of fish kills if algal blooms or weed growth gets too heavy, and
- Improving the beauty of your lake or pond.
It is important to talk to a professional to determine what type of aeration system or fountain would best meet your needs.
Ranch King Texas Avenger Fish Feeders
Southwest Aquatic Services is proud to be a vendor for Ranch King Texas Avenger fish feeders. We carry feeders with 100 or 250 pound capacities. While feeders are commonly used to feed catfish or hybrid Striped Bass, it is important to keep your forage fish fed when managing a Largemouth Bass fishery. Not all feeds are the same and it is important to use the appropriate feed for meeting your objective.
It is also important to fasten your feeder to a level, stable platform. Our custom feeder platforms are constructed of welded steel tubing and decked with either pressure treated lumber or composite decking. These platforms provide a lasting, stable surface for your feeder. You can purchase the platforms through Southwest Aquatic Services or we can install the platform and feeder at your lake.